Before purchasing items please note:
* Due to infection control guidelines, all items must be new, unused, and in original packaging.
* For safety and recall reasons, toys and other items should be well-known brands.
* Due to numerous safety recalls, we are unable to accept any toys from the dollar stores.
* We are unable to accept violent toys, toy weapons and scary movies
* We prefer donated items not be religious holiday themed.
* Please call the child life office at 804-828-2424 to register your donation and arrange delivery.
• Lego and Duplo sets
• Hasbro Play-Doh (name brand only)
• Arts and crafts kits
• Cards (playing cards and Uno only)
• Crayola markers and crayons (name brand only)
• Stuffed animals
• Baby rattles, teethers, stacking rings, blocks, etc.
• Cars & trucks (Hot Wheels, remote control, model kits, etc.)
• Books and puzzles (100 pieces or less)
• Clothes, pajamas and slippers for children birth – age 18
• Fleece blankets and soft throws for all ages
• Imaginary play items such as dress up, food, etc.
• Action figures and Barbies (multicultural please, in need of African American dolls)
• Interactive toys for babies & toddlers (Little Tykes, Fisher-Price, LeapFrog)
• Any toys themed with popular characters (ie. Dora, SpongeBob, Bratz)
• Coloring books, Sticker books, Mad Libs, Word searches (no Suduko)
• Board games (Connect Four, Sorry, Trouble, Guess Who, Battleship, etc. Please, no Candyland/Chutes and Ladders or Memory)
• Journals, notebooks and fun pens
• Watches and jewelry for teen boys and girls
• Bath and body products, nail polish and make-up kits
• ipods, itunes gift cards, portable CD players and MP3 players
• Basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, etc.
• Gift certificates (Target, Wal-Mart, Game Stop, Joann Fabric, Michaels, etc.)
The following item may be gently used:
DVD’s (all ratings)
*Due to copyright laws, we cannot accept DVD’s that have been copied/burned.
Monetary donations and gift cards are greatly appreciated.
Checks should be made out to Child Life.
Please mail monetary donations to:
VCU Children’s/Child Life Dept.
P.O. Box 980202
Richmond VA 23298-0202